Friday, March 1, 2013

Supportive Services in New Hampshire: Where to find help.

If you are a New Hampshire and looking for help, below please find a list of agencies who may be of assistance, listed by their name, address, phone number and web site.


2.1.1. New Hampshire (Just dial 2-1-1) – Out of state call 866-444-4211
211 connects callers, at no cost, to information about critical health and human services available in their community including Basic Needs such as Community Shelters, Food Banks & Pantries, Temporary Financial Aid, & Transportation. Also, many other resources for Consumer, Health, Education, Community Services, and Legal Services needs.

Bureau of Homeless and Housing Services (BHHS) – Works with NH Communities to develop programs and services to NH’s homeless populations -
603-271-5142 or 800-852-3345 ext 5142

NH Housing Finance Authority - Rental Programs and Emergency Housing
603-472-8623 or 800-439-7247 ext 9283

Ahead Inc. Affordable Housing, Education, and Development (Northern NH)
603-444-1377 or 800-974-1377

Catch Neighborhood Housing (Concord area) 603-225-8835

NeighborWorks Greater Manchester 603-626-4663

The Way Home 603-627-3491 – Helps low-income household obtain and succeed in safe, affordable housing

Front Door Agency (formally Nashua Pastoral Care Center)
603-886-2866 - Offers support and provides services to assist individuals and families transition from crisis to self-sufficiency

Listen Community Services (Lebanon Area) 603-448-4553 - Listen provides services and support to meet the critical needs of Upper Valley individuals and families


Town & City Welfare - To apply, contact your local office

Utility Dispute Matters 800-852-3793  

National Grid-Gas 800-262-4111 or Unitil-Gas 800-552-3043

Fuel Assistance, NH Office of Energy and Planning (OEP) 603-271-2155

To apply for fuel or electric assistance, contact your local Community Action Agency

Community Action Program of Belknap-Merrimack Counties, Inc.
Concord 603-225-6880 Franklin 603-934-3444 Laconia 603-524-5512 Meredith 603-279-4096
Suncook 485-7824 Warner 603-456-2207

Rockingham Community Action
Portsmouth 603-436-3896 or 800-322-1073 Salem 603-898-8435

Southwestern Community Services, Inc. (Cheshire & Sullivan Counties)
Keene 603-352-7512 or 800-529-0005 Claremont 603-542-9528

Community Action Partnership of Strafford County
Dover 603-749-1334 Rochester 603-332-3963 Farmington 603-755-9305 Milton 603-652-9893

Tri-County Community Action Program, Inc. (Coos, Carroll, & Grafton Counties)
Berlin 603-752-3248 Littleton 603-444-6653 Colebrook 603-237-8168 Plymouth 603-536-8222 Lancaster 603-788-4477 Woodsville 603-747-3013 Lebanon 603-448-4553 Carroll County 603-323-7400 or 888-842-3835

Southern NH Services Inc. (Hillsborough County)
Manchester 603-647-4470 or 800-322-1073 Nashua 603-889-3440 or 800-211-0723 Peterborough 603-924-2243

NH Community Loan Fund 603-224-6669


Food Stamp Program 603-271-9700 or 800-852-3345 ext 9700

NH Medicaid Program 603-271-4344 or 800-852-3345 ext 4344

Bureau of Behavioral Health (BBH) - Seeks to promote respect, recovery, and full community inclusion for adults, including older adults, who experience a mental illness and children with an emotional disturbance - 603-271-5000 or 800-852-3345 ext 5000

 SUICIDE HOTLINE 800-852-3388

Division of Public Health Services 603-271-4501 or 800-852-3345 ext 4501

NH Department of Safety
Public Information 603-271-2231
State Police (emergency only) 800-525-5555
Fire Standards and Training and Emergency Medical Services 603-223-4200 or 800-371-4503
Fire Safety 603-223-4289 or Arson Hotline 800-400-3526


Developmental Services for Adults (BDS) 
603-271-5034 or 800-852-3345 ext 5034

Children and Adolescent Services: The NH Partners in Health – Family support services to children and adolescents with chronic health conditions  603-271-5034 or 800-852-3345 ext 5034

Governor’s Commission on Disability (GCD) 800-852-3405

Granite State Independent Living (GSIL)  603-228-9680 or 800-826-3700 – Home care program provides seniors and individuals with long term care needs in their homes.

Disabilities Rights Center, Inc. (DRC) 603-228-0432 or 800-834-1721 – Protection and advocacy for NH advocating for the legal rights of persons with disabilities

Disabled American Veterans (DAV) Service 603-222-5788
Brain Injury Association of NH 800-773-8400 or 603-225-8400 – Brain injury and stroke support, prevention, education, and advocacy for survivors and caregivers

Community Services Council of NH 603-225-9694 or 800-843-1117


DHHS Division of Child Support Services (DCSS) 603-271-4427 or 800-852-3345 ext 4427

Foster Care and Adoption Services DHHS 603-271-4711

Family Resource Connection of the NH State Library (FRC)
800-298-4321 – Collaborative effort of Departments of Health and Human Services, Education, and NH State Library

NH Healthy Kids  603-271-9700 or 800-852-3345 ext 9700


NH ServiceLink 866-634-9412 - ServiceLink Resource Centers are trusted places in your community to get answers about healthcare and other services for older adults, persons with disabilities and family caregivers

DHHS Bureau of Elderly and Adult Services (BEAS)
603-271-9203 or 800-351-1888 - Provides a variety of social and long-term supports to adults age 60 and older and to adults between the ages of 18 and 60 who have a chronic illness or disability

Prescription Drug Assistance 603-271-9203 or 800-351-1888


NH State Office of Veterans Services 603-624-9230 or 800-622-9230


Consumer Protection and Antitrust 603-271-3658

NH Department of Justice Consumer Sourcebook NH Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Hotline 1-888-468-4454 (Weekdays between 9am-3pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment